‘Gravity’ rockets to No.1
1. Gravity (Warner Bros) WBPI $55.5m (NE)
2. Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2 (Sony) SPRI $21.5m ($60.6m) (1)
3. Runner Runner (Fox) Fox Int’l $7.6m (NE)
4. Prisoners (Warner Bros-Alcon) Lionsgate International $5.7m ($47.9m) (2)
5. Rush (Universal) Exclusive Media $4.4m ($18.1m) (3)
Alfonso Cuarón’s ‘Gravity’ made a flying start at the North American weekend box office, exceeding market expectations by $15m to set a new October record. Cashing in on an awards buzz, strong reviews and an ‘A-’ CinemaScore from first night audiences, the Venice opener finished the three days on a massive $55.5m to beat the previous October record holder ‘Paranormal 3’ by $3.5m. Both of the film’s leads, George Clooney and Sandra Bullock, achieved their best ever openings.
It was a disastrous session for the other wide weekend opener, ‘Runner Runner’, starring Justin Timberlake and Ben Affleck. Brad Furman’s crime thriller stumbled to an atrocious $7.6m being $2.4m below already low market expectations.
Last weekend’s No. 1, ‘Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2’, split the two openers to finish in second place. Sony’s family animation grossed a reasonable $21.5m, taking its revised running total to 60.6m after two weekends in play.price of cialis in canada cialis 5mg price in uae cialis for sale uk cialis 600 mg cialis price philippines cialis 50mg price buying cialis online legal