Weekend Index (February 15-17, 2013)
1. A Good Day To Die Hard (Fox) Fox Int’l $25m ($33.2m) (NE)
2. Identity Thief (Universal) UPI $23.4m ($70.7m) (1)
3. Safe Haven (Relativity) FilmNation $21.4m ($30.3) (NE)
4. Escape From Planet Earth (TWC) TWC Int’l $16.1m (NE)
5. Warm Bodies (Summit) Summit Int’l $9m $50.2m (2)
‘A Good Day to Die Hard’, starring Bruce Willis, made a recovery from a lacklustre Friday to finish the weekend on $25m. The action thriller had enjoyed all the hype of an established franchise ahead of its opening.
Last weekend’s No 1, ‘Identity Thief’, continued to perform strongly, grossing $23.4m over the three days. Seth Gordon’s crime comedy crossed the $70m mark after just two weekends in play.
Romantic mystery, ‘Safe Haven’ made a greater impression on the box office than first anticipated. The latest feature from veteran Swedish filmmaker, Lasse Hallström (‘Salmon Fishing in the Yemen’, ‘The Cider House Rules’ and ‘My Life as a Dog’) grossed $21.4m during its first weekend.
‘Escape from Planet Earth’ came in fourth after an impressive $16.1m weekend tally. Weinstein’s adventure animation only received modest marking prior to its release.gel lyte v order v-gel online v-gel v gel amazon v gel buy v-gel candid v gel