Weekend Index (February 22-24, 2013)
1. Identity Thief (Universal) UPI $14.1m ($93.7m) (2)
2. Snitch (Summit Entertainment) Exclusive Media $13m (NR)
3. Escape From Planet Earth (TWC) TWC Int’l $11m ($35.1m) (4)
4. Safe Haven (Relativity) FilmNation $10.6m ($48.1m) (3)
5. A Good Day To Die Hard (Fox) Fox Int’l $10m ($51.8m) (1)
Universal’s ‘Identity Thief’ returned to the No 1 spot at the North American weekend box office after grossing an impressive $14.1m. The crime comedy has now made $93.7m after three weekends in play.
Summit Entertainment’s new release, ‘Snitch’, was level pegging with ‘Identity Thief’ on Friday and continued to perform strongly. The action thriller finished the three days on $13m.
The Weinstein Company’s ‘Escape From Planet Earth’ grossed a solid $11m in third place. The adventure animation, which only received modest pre-release marketing, has now made $35.1m domestically.
Lasse Hallström’s ‘Safe Haven’ took a further $10.6m over the three days, taking its overall tally to $48.1m. The romantic mystery has comfortably over performed during its opening two weekends.
Last weekend’s No 1, ‘Good Day to Die Hard’ fell to fifth after grossing $10m. As with last weekend, it made a slight recovery after a disappointing Friday.buy viagra online ukviagra plus price cheap viagra 100mgcheap viagra plus buy viagra online canadaviagra plus buy viagra 100mg price