Weekend Index (January 11-13, 2013)
1. Zero Dark Thirty (Columbia Pictures) Panorama $24m ($29.5m) (16)
2. A Haunted House (Open Road) Octane $18.8m (NE)
3. Gangster Squad (Warner Bros) WBPI $16.7m (NE)
4. Django Unchained (TWC) Sony Pictures Releasing International $11.1m ($125.4m) (2)
5. Les Misérables (Universal/Working Title) UPI $10.1m ($119.2m) (4)
Kathryn Bigelow’s ‘Zero Dark Thirty’, easily claimed the top spot at the North American weekend box office after expanding from 60 to 2,937 sites ahead of Sunday’s Golden Globes ceremony. The ongoing controversy surrounding the production seems to have boosted the political thriller’s box office prospects with it grossing a strong $24m over the three days.
After being caught in a close battle of the new releases on Friday – with a mere $0.3m dividing the top two – Open Road Films’ ‘A Haunted House’ pulled away over the weekend. The ‘Paranormal Activity’ spoof went on to make a solid $18.8m after returning $6.7m on its Friday launch.
‘Gangster Squad’ continued to disappointment in third place, finishing the weekend on a lacklustre $16.7m. Warner Bros’ crime thriller failed to take advantage of a strong cast that includes Sean Penn, Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone.ampicillin rash ampicillin toxicity ampicillin injection ampicillin interactions ampicillin for acne ampicillin usage ampicillin capsules