1. The Conjuring (Warner Bros) WBPI $41.5m (NE)
2. Despicable Me 2 (Universal) UPI $25.1m ($276.2m) (1)
3. Turbo (Fox-DreamWorks Animation) Fox Int’l $21.5m ($31.2m) (NE)
4. Grown Ups 2 (Sony) SPRI $20m ($79.5m) (2)
5. Red 2 (Lionsgate-Summit) Lionsgate Int’l $18.5m (NE)
‘The Conjuring’ exceeded all expectations at the North American box office with an outstanding $41.5m debut during a weekend that witnessed two more high budget failures. ‘Saw’ director, James Wan, working with a modest $13m budget, set a new record for an opening of an original R-rated horror film.
DreamWorks’ ‘Turbo’ disappointed within the overcrowded summer tentpole market, grossing $21.5m over the three days. It takes the snail racer animation to an early $31.2m since opening last Wednesday.
‘R.I.P.D’, starring Jeff Bridges and Ryan Reynolds, faired even worse with a disastrous $12.8m opening weekend and finished in seventh place. Universal made the ghost cop action comedy for $130m.
The weekend’s other wide release, ‘Red 2’, earned $18.5m at the lower end of market expectations. Bruce Willis, Mary-Louise Parker and Helen Mirren all returned from the original.
‘Despicable Me 2’ and ‘Grown Ups 2’ both enjoyed strong holds of $25.1m and $20m respectively.cytotec for sale cytotec que es cytotec 200mg cytotec tablets