1. Hansel And Gretel: Witch Hunters (Paramount) PPI $19m (NE)
2. Mama (Universal) UPI $12.9m ($48.6m) (1)
3. Silver Linings Playbook (TWC) TWC International $10m ($69.5m) (3)
4. Zero Dark Thirty (Columbia Pictures) Panorama/Universal ($9.8m) $69.9m (2)
5. Parker (FilmDistrict) Sierra/Affinity $7m (NE)
‘Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters’, starring Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton, grossed a reasonable $19m to take the top spot at the North American weekend box office. Paramount’s fairy tale adaptation finished its opening weekend slightly higher than Friday’s performance had indicated.
The Guillermo del Toro executive produced, ‘Mama’, returned a decent $12.9m in second place with a lower than expected fall of 45% from a high starting point. It has now taken $48.6m after two weekends in play.
Oscar nominees, ‘Silver Linings Playbook’ and ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ took $10m and $9.8m respectively in third and fourth place. Both films have running totals just under $70m after successful limited platform releases.
FilmDistrict’s Jason Statham/Jennifer Lopez action thriller, ‘Parker’, under-performed on $7m over the three days. Another opener, Relativity Media’s comedy ‘Movie 43’, bombed even more spectacularly, finishing the weekend on a awful $5m.yasmin 30 buy yasmin online uk yasmin vs ortho tri cyclen generic for yasmin birth control
It was generally a quiet box office with the top twelve dropping by 25% from last weekend. ReferenzJanuary 29th, 2013 - admin