1. G.I. Joe: Retaliation (Paramount-MGM) PPI $41.2m ($51.7m) (NE)
2. The Croods (DreamWorks Animation-Fox) Fox Int’l $26.5m ($88.6m) (1)
3. Tyler Perry’s Temptation: Confessions Of A Marriage Counselor (Lionsgate) Lionsgate Int’l $22.3m (NE)
4. Olympus Has Fallen (FilmDistrict) Nu Image $14m ($54.7m) (2)
5. Oz The Great And Powerful (Buena Vista) WDSMPI $11.6m ($198.3m) (3)
‘G.I. Joe: Retaliation’, starring Dwayne Johnson and Channing Tatum, won the North American weekend box office after grossing a commanding $41.2m. Paramount’s action sequel now stands at an early $51.7m after factoring in Thursday’s opening.
Last weekends No 1, ‘The Croods’, continued to attract the family audience, taking a further $26.5m for a strong hold in second place. DreamWorks’ 3D prehistoric adventure’s running total has moved to $88.6m after two weekends in play.
‘Tyler Perry’s Temptation: Confessions Of A Marriage Counselor’, starring Jurnee Smollett and Vanessa Williams, continued to perform well after its strong Friday launch. The bored housewife drama finished the three days on $22.3m and boasted a $10,894 per-site average.
It was a poor weekend for another wide opener, ‘The Host’, which missed out on the top five. The action adventure, adapted from Twilight author Stephenie Meyer’s novel of the same name, under-performed on $11m.sildalis canada buysildalis in usabuy sildalis usasildalis usa